Current... more »
Can government fix it
Current... more »
For example, the below indicates different occupations that if given the Platform, could connect with each other. And either use their primary skills, or... more »
BENEFITS: Owners will be encouraged to show all income as this will improve the bottom line for things like: value of business, getting loans, business more salable.
Reduce the "Black economy".
They will be more likely to employ more staff therefore... more »
Tax rate of 65% should only be applied only on the period whilst foreign worker is using Work and Holiday Maker visa. It is unfair for those who stayed in Australia for years, yet they got taxed 65% for the whole time they lived in Australia just because they used Work and Holiday Maker visa for some time.
1. The new leasing standard AASB 16 brings most leases onto the balance sheet. The tax consolidation provisions, for example s705-56 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997, make specific modifications for finance leases. These may need to be extended to all... more »
Eg Salesperson uses car for 6mths 90% business, then admin person uses same car for 6mths at 10% business.
Why do we not simply address the provision of each benefit to each employee based on the actual %?
By having to apportion/average the % it is unfair to the salesperson/inappropriate for admin person.
Then it gets more crazy,... more »
The existing process for the treatment and remediation of excess superannuation contributions is unfair and overly bureaucratic. Many directors with contributions multiple organisations and death and disability insurance find it difficult to comply with the existing caps. Where they don't they are required to be advised by the... more »
For example for every invoice payment from a client received... more »
In a demerger situation, the demerging company is not permitted to transfer the TFN of a shareholder that will also have or has a shareholding... more »
Income derived from goods and services provided in Australia are taxed in Australia.
1. Company tax is either (choice is made by the Company) paid on revenue (at a low rate, say 1%) or profit (at a higher rate, say 30%).
2. Deductions are only allowed for domestic goods or services.
1. Foreign companies will create domestic companies (“Domestic Shells”) to service other domestic companies so that... more »
The aim it intends to achieve is not clear and nowadays the $250 is not going to go far in terms covering... more »
Recommend the Department of Health (or those responsible for the related legislation) be reminded of our financial year end date , being 30 June, so they can align their... more »
1. Make-up payments for Jury Service are not included in OTE for SG purposes, disadvantaging employees when they are compulsorily attending Jury service
(Para 37. An employee may receive 'top-up payments', such as those made while serving on jury duty or with defence reserve forces, that make up some or all of the difference between any amount... more »
The current provisions around excess superannuation tax are bureaucratic and cumbersome especially for non-executive directors with the decision to include death and disability insurance in the superannuation contributions cap.
Many persons will inevitably be in breach of the cap, especially those receiving multiple group certificates.... more »